Friday, July 9, 2010

All the Teapots Jibber Jabber Joo...

Ok... So I'll try this new fandangeled blog thingy that all the kids are trying... Thanks Bennie!!!

JULY SO FAR...

1/2 a new song
1 succesful audition (cabaret girl-group... think Andrews Sisters)
1 parafin manicure
1 blog created
1 newborn baby held (and NOT dropped... a-thankyou!)
1 photoshoot
2 lifts given to self absorbed hip hop rappers - no petrol rewarded.
3 tins of soup
4 mandarin jellycups
5 pre-prepared salads
10 nails lashed with blood red chipping polish
45 screaming children

and I have dreamed.
Boy have I dreamed.
Or is it dreamt?

I was being led to the gas chambers. Shod in my gold high top sneakers I crunched down the pebble path to the emerald green door. All other inmates had been gassed earlier that day. Behind the door was a scout hall filled with macaroni pictures hanging from the ceiling and tents drying out due to an earlier rain storm. I was to complete a crossword in under half an hour or the room was to fill with gas causing my brain to melt and my eyes to explode. The clues were smudged across the page and made little sense.
Someone was hiding under the table and whispered for me to escape by simply removing the hinges from the back door. I snuck through the tents and knocked off the hinges and began running through a series of concrete tunnels and sewers. I emerged in the snow out the front of the emerald green door. There was Robert Pattinson holding a bicycle for me. I could ride it to safety. I cautiously took the bike from him and rode into Vienna. I rode down a cobblestone street and into a candy shop with walls made of honeycomb - the crumbly kind like from a crunchie, not from a violet crumble (although violet crumble is a FAR better name for a chockie!). I knew then i was safe from the gas. I tunneled my way through some crunchie honeycomb and snuggled up in a little cave with my little marshmallow bird.

At a meeting today to discuss music and content to teach 18mth-8yrs dance, I remembered this song. It brought me joy.



Is that it?
Is that how I blog?

2 comments: