Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm ronrey

4 antibiotics a day consumed
4 vitamins consumed
5 episodes of South Park
7 hours of sleep had
50 tissues destroyed

I'm feeling so isolated being sick. No one will let you hold their children and dogs shy away from you because your bark is more fearsome than theirs. I'm trying to stay on top of it and be as positive as possible but man oh man, it's been over a month now and I'm over it. It's not as though I'm dying or have anything life threatening, but the draining sensation has been endless.

I often feel that if I haven't left the house in a day, I have achieved nothing. Even if I write 10 songs and get a casting notice and bake a cake and watch a documentary and discover a new mathematical equation - it's the act of leaving the house and experiencing something new that makes me feel as though the day has been worth it. Even if that something new is as simple as buying groceries. There is so much that happens outside that I could see and experience that I will miss out on if I simply stay in here and re-watch episodes of South Park or re-read Brave New World... again.... for the fourth time!

I would just like a great big hug!!!

On the plus side, I watched the first 2 episodes of MadMen which I've never seen before and it is brilliant! The music is supurb and the insight into the relationship between man and woman is simply fascinating. It's sexy, it's beautiful to watch with the costumes and cars and sets, and the writing is so complex and interesting. Nothing is blatantly obvious, but the message of the episode is still beautifully palpable and meaningful.

Also watched Dylan Moran Live which is hilarious! I'll share it with you.


Please someone send me biscuits or something - cookies... vitamins... chicken soup???



1 comment: